Monday, July 1, 2019

Tuesday 6th July 1971




For much of the day I played tennis down at Colinton Mains Park. I was down there early on with my large bottle of diluted Tree-Top Orange and came back home to 6/2 Oxgangs Avenue just before dinnertime. 

The fantastic summer weather continues. It was even hotter than yesterday; I've picked up a great tan. 

After dinner and a wee cool break with the living room curtains drawn I went back down to the park for another game of tennis. It's been a great way to spend a summer's day so I was quite happy to put my feet up in the evening and watch Stanley Baxter, Leslie Phillips and James Robertson Justice in The Fast Lady


It was absolutely brilliant - what a hilarious film. I was lying on the floor splitting my sides laughing, especially the scene when the ill patient makes a remarkable recovery off the abandoned ambulance stretcher when he sees out of control learner driver Murdoch Troon (Stanley Baxter) in The Fast Lady bearing down on him at high speed; what a tonic that film is!

No comments:

Post a Comment