Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Thursday 15th July 1971




I was out first thing on the Edinburgh & Dumfrieshire milk float. The big news is that our boss, Sid, is leaving; it took us all by surprise. 

I came home for my breakfast before going down to the National Garage to put in a wee shift. I'm starting to get used to the job. I'm much better now at the oil 'n petrol mix; I've got my customer-care off to a tee and I'm better at dealing with the quirks of old man Munro whose bark is worse than his bite. 

Mid-afternoon I went back down to Morningside to collect the Edinburgh Evening News' to sell around the City Hospital wards; once again I managed to sell every copy but I had to work hard to get them off my hands; anyway Pamela will be pleased when I go into the shop tomorrow. 



Later on Boo-Boo; Ali; Iain and I went to the Dom (Dominion Cinema) to see That's The Way It Is with Elvis. It was absolutely brilliant. I'm a big fan of The King. There were some great numbers in there -  'I've Lost You'; 'One Night'; 'Suspicious Minds' all alongside Elvis's good humour. 

I'm hoping to see something decent on the box tonight. 

On the big world news front President Nixon says he's going to China. It must be the same in America as Scotland - difficult to find a good local Chinese Restaurant! We're lucky with The Bamboo and the old boy's pal Ben who opened up his own place up at Bruntsfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment