Thursday, July 11, 2019

Wednesday 21st July 1971



Despite yesterday's argument with the boss I did my milk round. As we waved him off a few of us helped ourselves to a pack of butter from the back of the milk float so it’s toast 'n butter now for my breakfast! Although it poured with rain all day I still managed to play tennis against Chaz (Charlie) Higgins down at Colinton Mains Park and lost money. Aye I just couldn’t handle the pressure. He's a canny player and a canny lad! Come the afternoon I was selling newspapers around the City Hospital; sometimes the staff buy a copy of the Evening News too and a sale's a sale. Nana, Gaga and Aunt Heather were out to visit us. 


Late evening I had a mince pie supper and a bottle of Globe Sun Kool Kola whilst settling down to read a bing of comics; happy days with no school and no old boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment