Sunday, July 28, 2019

Monday 2nd August 1971



 My summer of tennis at Colinton Mains Park continued with a game first thing; it makes for a great start to the day. There no problem getting a court and I like the early coolness of an August morning. 

It was a full-on activity day because later in the morning Keith Robertson and I won the 2 a side tournament that a big bunch of us put on. 


After dinner I managed to get scratched by Simon the cat. 


The 2 a side tournament was such a big success that we held a massive one later in the day; it ran into the mid-evening; we called it the World Cup although ironically we were playing for the European Cup at least the Subuteo version! It went on for several hours and I worked up a hell of a sweat all combined with the rain that came down later; the draw was done out of a hat and I partnered John Duffy (6/8 Oxgangs). We emerged victorious for a hard earned victory. Afterwards it was no wonder I needed a bag of Rissi's finest - chips 'n juice to celebrate. 


It's quite late on now. I'm settling down to watch Monty Python.

No comments:

Post a Comment