Sunday, June 30, 2019

Monday 2nd July 1973




I went up to town from 45 Durham Road Portobello first thing, quite early on. 

With the birthday monies from Nana and Gaga I bought myself a new jumper and then headed out to Oxgangs to join the lucky schoolboys on holiday (I've got two days' holidays from working at Thomas Graham & Son Ltd. Balcarres Street). However only Iain was about; when I knocked on the door he was still asleep. 

Alongside Les Ramage we spent much of the day sitting out on the shed roof sun-bathing; halfway through Paul Forbes arrived from Broomhouse. 

Caerketton, Dave Hennicker

It’s always such a wee sun trap out the back of 6 Oxgangs Avenue as it faces south on to the Pentlands. 

We travelled down to Meadowbank to run a session before I came back to Oxgangs to stay the night. We had the gloves out and I was boxing with Iain.

Training: 300 metres (40.0 seconds); 2 x 200m (26 secs); 4 x 100m (11.9; 11.3 (p.b.); 11.7; 11.7)

No comments:

Post a Comment