Thursday, July 11, 2019

Saturday 3rd July 1971



It’s one of the best feelings in life to awaken on a lovely summer's morning at the start of the long summer holidays; 6 weeks of bliss ahead. 



I went into town with my birthday money and treated myself to a new pair of Levis and then went to Woolworths to get a pair of baseball boots which will see me through the summer. I love wearing the boots. They're always such a snug fit and great for all my athletic adventures to come; playing football, jumping the burn or off the roof and doing my wee jobs. The only problem with them is they start to smell a bit after a month or so. 


After dinner I settled down for an afternoon watching Wimbledon with a bottle of Globe Red Kola and a bag of Golden Wonder crisps. What a great final it was too, a five setter with John Newcombe overcoming Stan Smith. I was wanting Newcombe to win but I like Smith too. In the evening Nana, Gaga and Aunt Heather dropped by. Late on I finished off a good first Saturday of the holidays watching Parkinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment