Thursday, July 11, 2019

Saturday 1st July 1972 (My birthday)


That’s me sweet sixteen. Or not. 


Paul Forbes came up for me early although I’d been out to work several hours beforehand. We went down to Colinton Mains Park and with some of my birthday money I bought a half decent tennis racquet off the parky. I had an enjoyable game with Paul for several hours. On a lovely summer Saturday morning it was just great to be out. It was a very different Saturday morning with a dreamlike quality to it. It just felt great to be out playing tennis with Paul feeling fit and us scampering about the court. I almost felt like being in one of the Bunty comics where some of the kids who live in the English counties play such sports on lovely such mornings. A really great morning. 
In the afternoon to try to improve the appearance of the racquet I gave it a coat of light blue paint and also painted Les Ramage’s racquet too. They look okay. Mum put on a nice birthday tea for me which included Nana’s chocolate cake. Paul and Ali Douglas joined us all for tea. Afterwards we sat in to watch the film Dr Who and the Daleks. It was okay but odd seeing Peter Cushing as the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment