Sunday, July 14, 2019

Saturday 24th July 1971



I packed the milk in. It's not been the same since Sid resigned and I don't particularly like the new boss; that'll be the household back to Stork margarine again! 


Another day with pouring rain; so much for me leaving the bike at the shop (Baird's Newsagent's Morningside Drive). Rain or not I decided just to cycle up to the City Hospital keeping the papers dry as best as possible. As usual I got on fine; there's always a wee bit of trepidation as to whether I'll sell all my stock but I haven’t failed so far. I'm always keen as mustard to get a pat on the back from Pamela. I'm never sure though whether she realises the efforts I sometimes go to to sell out all the Edinburgh Evening News’


Nana, Gaga and Aunt Heather were out to see us all. We sat and watched a good Gary Cooper film called The Unconquered. Although it comes under The Saturday Western series it was set in the early days of the Colonists but still braw for all that. Late on we watched Parkinson; two entertaining guests Michael Caine and Georgie Best.




No comments:

Post a Comment