Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Wednesday 4th August 1971



Last night's rain continued; in fact it was pouring down and stayed like that all day which put a wee bit of a dampener on today's proceedings. Iain and Anne went down to 6 Henderson Row to spend the day at Maggie and Andy's house. I meanwhile went up to Ewart's Newsagents at Oxgangs Broadway and bought a copy of a new publication called the Rangers News and also the Radio Times. The Gers are quite go-ahead with their own publication; with a big fan base I suppose they reckon it will pay off attracting a big readership. 


Part of the reason I bought the Radio Times was because there's a wee feature about the European Athletics Championships from Helsinki which starts soon; I really like watching the athletics on the box. I ended up staying in all day; in the evening we had a right laugh with Maggie 'n Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment