Sunday, July 7, 2019

Monday 12th July 1971 It's work Jim, but not as we know it!

Well it may be the school summer holidays but compared to last week's leisurely week I put in a heck of a good shift today; and yet busy as I was it didn’t really feel like working at all. I really enjoyed myself. 



I started a new milk run this morning so I was up with the birds at the crack of dawn; however on a light, summer's morn and with no school I took it in my stride. After a wee bit of scran for my breakfast I went down to job number two at the National Garage to work on the pumps. Mrs Munro is as big a character as her hubby. They're like two peas in a pod. 



Mid- afternoon I took a number 16 bus down to Bairds Newsagents to begin my new paper-round for Pamela Baird. 

Pamela Baird

She gave me a bundle of Evening News' to sell around the City Hospital wards. It's completely different to a few years back when I did the early morning slot where I saw some bonny (not) sights. On a bright, sunny afternoon the hospital is a much sunnier place to go around in both senses of the word; there's more staff on the go and the visitors were in. Anyway, I managed to sell all the papers so Pamela will be pleased, which makes me pleased too. 

Photograph courtesy John Stirling, Currie


Afterwards I had a quick tea then I went back down to put in a few more hours at the garage - my pockets will be jingling this week. Meanwhile John and Mum are up the The Good Companions having a wee tipple or two; I've just had some chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment