Saturday, July 13, 2019

Sunday 15th July 1973

Retep Nnamffoh and Alison Cutting Musselburgh Highland Games 1973

I was back into Thomas Graham’s (Balcarres Street) this morning to work some further overtime; it was quite unusual to work on a Sunday but I was relatively happy to do so as it was pretty straightforward heading down to Morningside from Oxgangs and then come lunchtime I headed out to Musselburgh to take part in their annual Highland Games. 

Alison Cutting

I got a second in the 100 metres and also a third in the 400 metres. I spent some of the time sitting with the lovely Alison Cutting. 

Afterwards a group of us wandered down to Lucas to get some of their delicious ice cream before making the long way back to Oxgangs. It would have been easier going back to Porty at the end of the day but I guess you can’t have it both ways. Les Ramage is going to come over at ten o’clock.

Musselburgh Highland Games Pinkie

100 metres handicap: 1. Drew McMaster 11.0 seconds 2. P. Hoffmann (we were both off 2.5 metres)

400 metres handicap: Heat 3. P. Hoffmann (off 13 metres) 50.8 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment