Thursday, July 25, 2019

Friday 30th July 1971



I enjoyed one of my T.V. dinners from the Store - another turkey dinner; it’s a great innovation that you don’t have to wait for Christmas to enjoy a wee bit of the bird as it used to be only once a year. I bet it was the Americans who came up with that idea. 

Keith Robertson, Colinton Mains Park

I was down at Colinton Mains Park playing tennis this time with Keith Robertson. In the afternoon I cycled down to Baird’s Newsagents to collect my papers to sell at the City Hospital. It was the first time on my own this week and less enjoyable than when I had Iain and Ali Douglas's company. 


Talking about the Yanks they're going to land on the moon (Apollo 15) at 12.02. Things are okay so far. I'm sounding like mission control! 


Last evening I stayed in and watched a good film Alfred the Great; what a man: I like my history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment