Monday, July 15, 2019

Saturday 22nd July 1972




Alison and Dougie Blades and I were out ‘n about delivering the milk to our customers at Clovenstone. 

There’s been a change in the weather after the heatwave so we got our holiday dates right. 

After breakfast Paul and I decided to go into work again mainly because we would get paid. I received £8.40 for my wage; pretty good money so I’m feeling rich. We worked a wee scam together. I got seven customers and he got four; so Paul passed his across to me so we got a bonus that we shared between us. 

Because we had been away earlier to Dunfermline with it being a Saturday we also got back to Edinburgh quite early too so were able to go to the cinema to watch The Anderson Tapes with Sean Connery - I don’t mean we went with Sean - he was in the picture! 


The second film was The Great Bank Robbery. It didn’t half make you think; it was all about electronic surveillance and how you could be watched and listened in to. When I got back to Oxgangs I discovered that Les Ramage had smashed our window - unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment