Monday, July 8, 2019

Tuesday 11th July 1972


I didn’t get up until mid-day. 

Fiona Blades


My brother Iain, Paul Forbes and I baked a cake getting a big hand from Fifi (Fiona Blades) who supervised us giving us all sorts of wee tips to help ensure it turned out okay. It was good fun and as usual we had a bit of a laugh; it looks pretty good but the proof will be in the eating. 

Afterwards we were in the Grandison’s house (6/3 Oxgangs Avenue). It’s the first time I’ve been in there since Noggin (Norman) Stewart moved away to Eastfield/Musselburgh. 

Paul Forbes and Peter Hoffmann

Late afternoon Paul and I went off to work again in Dunfermline to get people to sign up to taking the Daily Record for six weeks; I managed to get an incredible 28 new customers for the boss; he was pretty pleased and I think amazed. I was almost scoring a hit at every third door or so. It wasn’t all good news as one of the older guys John O’Neil says he’s going to kick my head in tomorrow; that’s what happens when you become too popular with the boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment