Sunday, July 28, 2019

Monday 31st July 1972


It was just me out on the milk with Douglas so it was a slightly tougher shift - more like a job of work today. 


I think I’m back into the athletics groove again so Paul Forbes and I went down to Meadowbank late morning and did a wee bit training together by ourselves. At one o’clock we took the 44 bus down to Durham Road where Nana gave us a good dinner. 


I love the smell in Nana’s old greenhouse that comes from her growing her tomatoes; it’s a kind of musty smell but it takes me right back to being a wee boy. After relaxing in the back garden and looking in the greenhouse for a while we went back up to the stadium. We got back at a fairly early hour; Nana Gaga and Aunt Heather were here visiting us. After all of today’s exercise we went up to Rissi’s for some chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment