Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Thursday 13th July 1972

Note to Self Peggy’s (Burbank) Birthday (New York Penfriend)


When I got back to Oxgangs from Portobello there was a large brown A4 envelope waiting for me. It was the O Level results. I got two, Arithmetic and History so I was quite pleased; especially after that strange letter back in June stating it was doubtful whether I would get any at all. It’s amazing to think Mum got six plus four Highers in things like Latin and Greek in 1954. 


I went down to the school record office; since it was such a lovely day we popped across to Bruntsfield Links for a wee game of putting. 

It’s been a great day all rounded off with a big group of us going jumping the burn working our way from Colinton Mains to Braidburn Valley before squelching our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment