Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Wednesday 7th July 1971



Another fantastic day; it was 80 degrees. What a stoater of a start to the school summer holidays. I spent much of the day down at Colinton Mains Park Tennis Courts. I played tennis all morning before coming back home for a wee bit of dinner and to put my feet up and watch the first day of the Open golf. It's the centenary; it’s a great event with a long Scottish tradition. 


I like listening to the commentators Henry Longhurst and the Yank, Mark McCormack; you learn a lot of interesting things from them. 



In the afternoon a few of us enjoyed some fags including Les; Boo-Boo; and Iain. After tea the weather cooled down a wee bit so I had a second game of tennis. My game's coming on nicely. Nana, Gaga and Aunt Heather were out. I missed cutting the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment