Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Wednesday 14th July 1971



I was out ' n about first thing this morning delivering the milk. 


Similar to Monday and Tuesday, after my cornflakes 'n milk I walked down to the National Garage to work there again. It's funny how the world changes. It's not so long ago we used to sneak over the back wall to play in the old wrecked cars before getting chased by the mechanics; now we're part of the team although very junior. 


I managed to sell all my Edinburgh Evening News' around the City Hospital wards which was very satisfying. 

In the evening Nana, Gaga and Aunt Heather were out. I went away in the huff for about 5 minutes. Huffy Hoffmann, that's me! Later on I watched a very good and interesting programme called Paid Off by James Burke. It was all about unemployment and the secret world of people who live off state benefits questioning whether it's worth people even bothering to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment