Friday, July 12, 2019

Saturday 17th July 1971


Photograph Graeme Paterson

I finished the milk early this morning; although we're on holiday Saturday still has that different wee feel to it. After breakfast I went down to the National Garage; Mrs Munro gave me my pay. In the afternoon I sold all my Edinburgh Evening News' dead quickly perhaps because it was a Saturday and there were more visitors in to see the patients. However I was only paid a £1 by Pamela Baird. 



In the early evening Nana dropped by to see us. I then went out and played on the bike going off for a wee cycle ride up to Colinton. Mum and John are away for an evening out.


Old Parky was interesting this evening. There was quite a line up with some great jazz musicians but mainly because the show had John Lennon and Yoko on; Lennon told him that if he (Parky) mentioned The Beatles once he'd have to conduct the interview from a sack which he duly did!

No comments:

Post a Comment