Friday, July 26, 2019

Saturday 31st July 1971



The moon car was driven today - no road tax or a licence needed up there. 



Meanwhile back on planet Earth Iain and I took the number 16 bus from Oxgangs down to the bottom of Leith Walk where we bought our new Ben Sherman shirts; they're both brilliant. Iain's got a very cool long sleeved one whereas my one is a lighter yellow/ orange and is short sleeved; it hangs on me well. 

A year later Iain wearing his Ben Sherman



I did my papers up at the City Hospital; I was in no hurry; being a Saturday and a holiday I just took my time. I collected my pay, chatted with Pamela Baird and tootled around the shop before cycling up to the hospital. 

A wee Saturday evening in watching the telly. The football is back on with Sportsreel; earlier on we watched The Streets OF Laredo aka The Cowboy's Lament. 


With the moon landing on I've also been studying all about space which would surprise my teachers.




No comments:

Post a Comment