Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sunday 9th July 1972

My brother Iain did the milk round again this morning. 

After breakfast Paul Forbes and I turned up at the Army Cadets Championships up at Redford Barracks cinders track. It’s the first time we’ve ever used the facility ‘officially’ i.e. without climbing in over the fence. Although I’m not sure how we were able to run as we don’t even know what an army cadet is, never mind being one, I managed to get a run in the 200 metres and then ran my first ever individual 400 metres and won them both. Meanwhile Paul ran in the 1500 metres and won that too. 


At teatime I went along to Charlotte Chapel; it was okay but unfortunately Moira Cameron wasn’t there so that took away some of the fun. However I got a lift home from one of the parishioners.

Moira Cameron



3 comments:

  1. I wonder if it was Iain that got me involved with doing milk rounds in Mornongside? I work at two Mollers, I think was up in Bruntsfield, and another was sort of opposite the Merlin. Cant remember the shops name now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berry's at Montpelier Place, Bruntsfield; Gemmill's at Morningside Road, later moving to Falcon Road West.

    ReplyDelete