Saturday, July 6, 2019

Thursday 8th July 1971


Another very good and enjoyable day; you cannae whack the school summer holidays.

I played tennis again all morning - it's a brilliant game. 



Once again a few of us were out smoking in the afternoon. 

I've been told that I'm not to play with Les. 



I spent some of the afternoon enjoying the golf from Royal Birkdale; Mr Lu's captured all our imaginations. I also enjoy reading up the morning reports in Mum's Scottish Daily Express which arrives through our letterbox early each morning. Jack Nicklaus's statistics are pretty amazing. 

Like yesterday I played tennis in the evening when it was a bit cooler. Colinton Mains Park was buzzing with lots of kids out playing in the park on the swings and the chute. At the bowling green there was the occasional click of the bowls drifting across the evening air; happy days. 



Later on Reg (Brian Rennie), Tam Smith and I spent the late, still Oxgangs evening hanging out telling each other jokes - no different from Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn a century ago on a dreamy American summer's evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment