Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Thursday 3rd August 1972


I was out early doors with Douglas delivering milk. We’re in to a pretty good routine. It can’t be often where you have a job where your boss lives two floors above you with the company vehicle directly outside the front door of 6 Oxgangs Avenue. 


Paul and I went into town to Mackenzie’s Sportshop up at South Clerk Street; Paul bought himself a new pair of spikes and I bought myself an Adidas bag. It’s good that we’re able to treat ourselves from our hard earned money and not have to depend on others. 

We just travelled straight down to Meadowbank I quite enjoyed training tonight and I ran 11.8 seconds for 100 metres. Not bad. However something that was dead scary was Paul was peeing blood! Blimey I hope he’s okay! 

When I got back to Oxgangs Lesley Dibley (4/4 Oxgangs Avenue) was there. She’s quite good fun and Mum gets on well with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment