Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Wednesday 11th August 1971





I discovered that after the two long cycles out to Dalkeith and Porty that I've wrecked Dougie's gears. I feel pretty bad about that and of course it means the bike's not available for my paper runs or going for more cycle rides with the boys. 


As my pockets are jingling I went into town and bought another Elvis record. It's got the very classy ‘There Goes My Everything’ on it. As Nana says he's (Elvis) got something extra. 

It was a fine summer's day so I played tennis with Boo-Boo down at Colinton Mains Park. When I got back unfortunately Stephen Westbrook; Les Ramage and Keith Robertson had broken into our gangy breaking the lock and they’ve stolen all our stuff from it and wrecked the place; the police were involved. It’s unbelievable; if that's what your pals do who the heck needs enemies. We were all really unhappy about the whole incident. Anyway what can you do; hopefully they'll reflect on it but I'm not so sure. 

In the evening Nana and Gaga were out to see us and treated us all to a Tony's ice cream. I had an oyster - not like me; if I get such a treat I usually go for a black man - but braw all the same. On the optimistic front I'm happy to report that I fancy some girls. You could call today a sweet 'n sour day!

No comments:

Post a Comment