Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Tuesday 8th August 1972 - Here Be Dragons!



I went down to Meadowbank to train. When I was there there was almost a fight. Crikey! Sometimes it seems you can’t go anywhere these days without having to look over your shoulder. 


One good thing about growing up in Oxgangs is it develops quite a good street sense so that you have your wits about you; it’s like we’ve got an insect’s antennae which alerts you to such things in advance - it’s like a self-protection instinct. Or as neatly summed up by Aunt Heather ‘Gang ginger!’ I remember our Boroughmuir history teacher Mr Robb telling us how on the old maps where it was the unexplored edge of the world it used to say ‘Here Be Dragons’; that’s how I sometimes feel when I venture out far from Oxgangs. 

On the running front I’ve picked up a bit of an injury so Gaga put a bandage on my leg and gave me a lift home to 6/2. Good night Retep.

No comments:

Post a Comment