Sunday, August 4, 2019

Monday 9th August 1971


An unusual and busy sort of a day. 


First thing in the morning I went to the Royal Infirmary to see about my nose which regularly bleeds; all they did was to cauterise it. Nana was with me and she came back to Oxgangs; we had a good dinner. 


Later on a few of us spent some time in our gangy including having a wee beer! 


I went up to Helen Blades and borrowed Dougie's racer; I used it to cycle down to Baird’s and then up to the City Hospital where I managed to sell the Evening News' pretty quickly and got back home to Oxgangs before five o’clock. 

Photograph SPL

After a quick tea Boo-Boo; Les; Iain; Ali and I all went for a very long bike ride out to Dalkeith. We got back mid-evening and I settled down to watch the telly; as I said a very different sort of a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment