Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Thursday 12th August 1971



I don’t consider myself to be much of a handyman but I managed to make a pretty decent guider (go-cart) for Colin Hanlon. The bogie will give a lot of us some fun as we push each other around the four blocks at full speed or fly down the hill on Oxgangs Place. 

Colin and Alan Hanlon

In the afternoon I did my papers up at the City Hospital; once I sold them all I happily wandered home to watch the European Athletics Championships which I've been hooked on the past few nights. 


Although it's not my favourite event it was great to see Barbara Inkpen win a silver medal in the high jump for us. It must be great to be an athletics hero on the telly - they just live different lives to the rest of us; we might think we're pretty good at running 'n jumping but they're all just different class; still we can always dream.


I watched the first episode of ‘The First Churchills’ - actually I watched it because I thought it looked quite interesting. I could have watched ‘The Two Ronnies’ on BBC 2. It was okay and I wasn’t disappointed; let's see how it pans out. I enjoyed some pie 'n chips from Risi’s. I seem to have been eating more healthily recently with fewer chips in my diet most probably because it’s the school holidays and I’m away from Boroughmuir.

No comments:

Post a Comment